Close

Font help please and thank you

Home Forums Lettering and Font Identification Font help please and thank you

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by MLC.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jill
    Participant

any help would be greatly appreciated  

Jill
    Participant

MLC
    Keymaster

Hello Jill, I’ve merged the two topics, as these are the same font.

This is a digital version of the ScotchKut “Shadow Edge” alphabet, with the outline and shadow removed, and the crossbar on the ‘A’ has been lowered. The original alphabet did not contain any numbers, and the numbers here do not match those from existing digital versions I’ve seen.

I believe this is a custom font made by a monument shop and is not available in any software. It is possible that the numbers from another existing font were used and modified. The 3 for instance does not have a serif at the center joint, which is not typical of a Modified Roman font. The zero is wider and more oval than a typical Modified Roman and is similar to the zero on the original metal Spacerite Classic Roman alphabet.

Attached is an image of a digital version of the Shadow Edge font with outline and shadow removed. For comparison, I’ve kept the ‘A’ on top intact, and below I’ve lowered the crossbar to match your photos.

If you’d like help matching these, feel free to use the inscription matching service: https://www.monumentletteringcenter.com/product/cemetery-inscription-matching-service/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.