Close

Hebrew text help

Home Forums Lettering and Font Identification Hebrew text help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Buckley
    Participant

Hi, not sure what experience you have with Hebrew characters in fonts but thought I would reach out anyway – I am fine for the bottom fonts but cannot find the font used for the Hebrew text at the top

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

SILVER

Buckley
    Participant

Hi sorry, here is a cropped image of the section in question

MLC
    Keymaster

Hello Buckley, this is a fairly common style of Hebrew used on memorials, but also very difficult to find the exact version used. It was first made as a metal Spacerite alphabet for transferring to stencil via rubbing paper and then made into plastic stencil press alphabets in the late 1960s by various companies. It has since been digitized and made available in I believe every memorial design software available. I also believe a number of monument shops ended up digitizing their own versions, so there are likely several dozen versions out there with slight difference. The style of Geresh and Gershayim (the marks appearing like our inch and feet notations in English) often vary quite a bit from version to version.

Buckley
    Participant

Thank you for your help

We use SignLab for our design software. Filtering all fonts by Hebrew characters flags up maybe 50 fonts (including many others we have installed) but none seem to match the characters precisely enough. Would you know what the most common version is called in other memorial software? The geresh and gershayim can be modified later, that’s not a problem, we just need the majority of the character shapes to match.

All corners are also rounded so I presume this has been thickened before cutting.

MLC
    Keymaster

In all monument design software that I know if it is simply named “Hebrew”, or in Gerber which is primarily a sign-making software it is named “Monument Hebrew”. It does have nice crisp corners, so you are probably correct that an outline/stroke was added.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.