Close

help with this font please

Home Forums Lettering and Font Identification help with this font please

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Darren
    Participant

Haven’t been able to identify this one….I think there are 2 different ones here…….Morton’s DD doesn’t look the same as the others to me. pic1 pic2Thanks in advance!

Buckley
    Participant

Hi Darren

The inscription for the names and birth dates looks like Mythica but the date of death for MORTON F. is different so was probably added later

MLC
    Keymaster

Hi Darren, this is a Cold Spring font named Runestone (the font Mythica was based on this font, though they gave no credit to the original). They regularly use it on their mausoleums. The font dates back to around the early 1960s and I believe was originally designed by someone at Royal Melrose.

For Morton’s second date, someone used a very poor-quality version of the Government font, which has been floating around the industry for quite a while.

You can reach out to Cold Spring for help matching it, or if you’d like you can also use the MLC Inscription Matching Serice: https://www.monumentletteringcenter.com/product/cemetery-inscription-matching-service/

Darren
    Participant

Yes, it looks like someone added his DD and used the wrong font…..Thank you!!!

Darren
    Participant

Thank you both!  Always love to know the history too!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.