Close

It’s Not quite Vermarco, but what is it?

Home Forums Lettering and Font Identification It’s Not quite Vermarco, but what is it?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    iamthepod
    Participant

Can’t quite figure this one out. It looks like a combination of Vermarco and something else. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you!mazzolinifont

MLC
    Keymaster

Hello, this is just a variation of the Vermarco alphabet, likely either all hand drawn, or perhaps some letters are from the Spacerite letter sets (the first standardized version in the industry). Because Vermarco is based on various Art Deco lettering styles of the 1920s and 30s, you see many similar styles that continued to be used throughout the 1940s and 50s in advertising.

It was a hugely popular style of lettering, and this in turn influenced many variations by draftsmen in the memorial industry, who typically referred to the style as “modern” lettering, and often made changes to many different letters they didn’t like or wanted to add more style to. That style of ‘A’ was actually quite common, but no known reproducible letter set was ever made with this style. Attached are some examples:

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by MLC.
    • This reply was modified 4 years ago by MLC.
    iamthepod
    Participant

I do have a font on my machine that has similarities called Freytag LT Regular. I might just have to make this a Frankenstein situation of multiple fonts for one inscription. I wanted to check first before I went through that tedious process. Thank you for the help! I appreciate it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.