Close

The only info I have for this is Lakehead? Any ideas where I could find this fon

Home Forums Lettering and Font Identification The only info I have for this is Lakehead? Any ideas where I could find this fon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    brian
    Participant

brian
    Participant

I’m not sure what type of font this is?

MLC
    Keymaster

Hi Brian, yes, “Lakehead” and “Fancy Gothic” are both Monu-Cad fonts based on old plastic stencil press alphabets. There aren’t many digital versions of the fonts available. The original alphabet was called Modified Roman Raised, by the PALL Corporation. The second alphabet was based on PALL’s, but produced by the PMD Company for their “Cutrite” brand of stencil press alphabets. The biggest difference between the two was the punctuation. I have created a font for the MLC based on the PMD version, but it was wildly different punctuation than the one in your photo, which I do believe is Monu-Cad’s Lakehead. I am not aware of any other digital versions of the fonts available.

Here is a link to the closest font available in the MLC’s library: https://www.monumentletteringcenter.com/product/mlc-cutrite-modified-roman-raised/

brian
    Participant

Thank you again Brandon! I basically had it in my back pocket the whole time and didn’t realize it :(. It’s hot right now, forgive me :). Although, I did take the fancy gothic and manipulated that to work for me the best I could. I really do appreciate your feed back.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.