Close

Anybody Know What this One is?

Home Forums Lettering and Font Identification Anybody Know What this One is?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    iamthepod
    Participant

Any chance someone has come across the “Mother” font? I have to make the word Granddaughter in the same font. Thank you in advance.

Also, I’m not quite sure what font the dates are in. But the Mother font is more important to me at the moment.

Script Font

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by iamthepod.
    MLC
    Keymaster

This is likely hand drawn, as there were no reproducible script-style fonts available to the industry until the 1970s or 1980s. It seems loosely based on the Vermont Marble Company’s colonial script style alphabet, which was printed in a booklet titled “Lettering in Marble” in 1923, and often referenced throughout the first half of the twentieth century.

The dates are in the Spacerite Double Outline alphabet with the second outline removed. There are no known digital versions of the style, but the Monument Lettering Center is currently working on one.

Feel free to reach out if you are interested in using the MLC Inscription Matching Service for either of these lettering styles: https://www.monumentletteringcenter.com/product/cemetery-inscription-matching-service/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.