Close

Block Lettering…..Need Help!!

Home Forums Lettering and Font Identification Block Lettering…..Need Help!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Monica McDougald
    Participant

Hello,

I am seeking help with this particular font.  I already purchased the Block font you have available, however, this particular block font is different.  I am having trouble locating this font.  There are slight variations with the letter “M” as the M shown in the photo has a pointed center.  There are also variations with the letter “A”.  This particular A’s center cross bar is much lower than the font you offer. There are other minor differences with numbers and other letters. Can you please help me identify this font please?  Thank you for your time and expertise.  I really appreciate your help!

MLC
    Keymaster

Hello Monica, it is possible that this is a custom-drawn alphabet. In 1979 there were only a couple of block-style alphabets available to the industry in the form of plastic and metal letter sets, and this does not match any of them. You can also see that some of the letters vary significantly from line to line, meaning either several versions were used, or that it was all done by hand.

If you would like help matching the lettering, feel free to use the MLC Inscription Matching Service.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.