Close

How about these three

Home Forums Lettering and Font Identification How about these three

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    teemal
    Participant

This is one I’ve come across 2 times before, this being the third.

This one looks like Times New Roman to me.

This one I finished, but would still buy it just on the off chance I come across it again if possible – an annoying hand cut.

Thanks  – help with these is greatly appreciated!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by teemal.
    teemal
    Participant

Ah I messed up the image uploads. The last is Times New Roman, second one closest match I have available is CG Times.

The first looks like a derivative of SKS Modern Roman while not being exactly that.

MLC
    Keymaster

There are several versions of the first font–all with some differences. There were at least two plastic stencil press versions, one by the German company Scheibenbogen which I believe was named “Elite Roman”, and another by the SKS company in Canada which was later purchased by 3M in the United States. The SKS version was named “Modern Roman”. There are several digital versions. There is a version of the font available in the European Comcut software and named “NR-10”, which is based on the Scheibenbogen alphabet. There is a version of the font in the Monu-Cad software which was based on the SKS alphabet and given the name “Bailey 1”. The letter J and numeral 2 are the characters that differ the most between the two main versions. Unfortunately, the digital versions in Comcut and Monu-Cad are proprietary font filetypes and as far as it is known by the MLC there are currently no TTF or OTF fonts available for purchase for either font. However, the MLC has plans to eventually create fonts to match both.

MLC
    Keymaster

Unsure of what version of Times New Roman that is, possibly a customized version available in a stone engraving software.

teemal
    Participant

Thank you again. From what I know, Comcut is a popular piece of software in the area so it would make sense for the font to come from that.

Nicolas Dejas
    Participant

I am interested in the 1st lettering I have one which looks a little called “BRO662” but I am really looking for the identical of the 1st lettering because I have more and more to engrave

MLC
    Keymaster

Nicolas, I will add you to the contact list. You will receive an email when the font is completed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.