Close

Remod AICA font

Home Forums Lettering and Font Identification Remod AICA font

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BRIAN
    Participant

Can you ID this font?Remod?

MLC
    Keymaster

Hello Brian, yes this font was originally named ‘AICA-25’, the 25th font in the series of lettering styles produced as blue-prints by the American Institute of Commemorative Art association for its members, which included both alphabets designed by association members and others which were re-drawn from typefaces such as Optima,  Univers, and Albertus. There have been several versions (most of which have not been made commercially available for purchase), and at one point was included in the now extinct Craftech monument design software as “Special Roman 2” which was a case of mistaken identity–as this happens to be the name of a different alphabet produced by the Spacerite Company in the 1960s, and ironically it is more similar to the Spacerite alphabet named “Special Roman 1”. Each version often has different styles of the letters ‘W’, ‘M’, and ‘Q’, and the original design included two variations of ‘M’ and ‘W’, which were included in the plastic press alphabets available only to AICA members.

Remco Memorials created slightly bolder versions of many different monument and print industry fonts and renamed them, including AICA-25. In this case it was renamed “Remod”.

Work is underway for an MLC version which will contain the various versions of the letters as OpenType alternates. Until it is released, if you need help matching any inscriptions feel free to use the MLC Inscription Matching Service.

Marc
    Participant

I would be interested in buying this AICA-25

let me know when it will be done.

thank’s

BRIAN
    Participant

I would be interested in buying this font also.

Thanks

Brian

cutterman
    Participant

I would purchase this one as well

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.