Close

Family Name font ID

Home Forums Lettering and Font Identification Family Name font ID

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eric
    Participant

Anyone know the font of the Family Name here.

MLC
    Keymaster

This is a Monu-Cad font called Valley Script, which is based on an old plastic stencil press alphabet. It is currently the only known digital version, and for some reason Monu-Cad replaced the numerals with those from Zapf Chancery–which do not match the style of the letters. The physical alphabet was available under different names (including “Scandanavian Script”, and “Specialty Script”) from various stencil press companies in both Europe and North America and was itself based on an old metal type alphabet. The alphabet was used on memorials much more widely in Europe than in the US market. The MLC has a set of the plastic letters and will be making a version of the font at some point in the future, until then, if you’d like help matching this lettering feel free to use the matching service: https://www.monumentletteringcenter.com/product/cemetery-inscription-matching-service/

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by MLC.
    Nicolas Dejas
    Participant

I am interested in this lettering in digital version if MLC does it I am buying

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Nicolas Dejas.
    MLC
    Keymaster

Nicolas, I will add you to the list of customers to contact when the font is completed.

Nicolas Dejas
    Participant

do you have a deadline?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.